Monday, July 14, 2008

Sun is Shining, Weather is Sweet

Wow this weekend was fun!

I am amazed how great of a time i had, and sober at that! Our Dotbleep party went of Saturday night, and I stuck to my test, not drinking at all and it was great! I danced harder and for much longer than i had in ages! Acid Circus really set the tone and played a great set, I was very glad to have finally caught them, realizing that i should check them out more often now. Then Justin Long came on, and WOW. I gotta say, every time i feel uninspired by music, i end up seeing Justin play again, and i'm completely recharged. He is constantly pushing the envelope and the sound, and whether you dig the style he plays or not, you can't help but appreciate his energy and way that he attacks the dancers with musical bombs. Check this clip of him at the Detroit Electronic Music Festival this year:



=======================================================

I must admit, i caved in and had a beer on Sunday at the Aquagroove pool party, but i rewarded myself in the sun when Justin Long and Sneak both played last minute daytime sets. Can you blame me? Anyway, although i did drink, all it did was remind me how unnecessary it was right now. So, back on track i am this Monday morning!

This Friday night we have the return of John Larner to HAWT. He has always been one of the favorites at our parties, and this Friday is no different! He is super excited to get back to LA, as are we, so if you wanna get your house music fix, come out this Friday night!



Anyways, have a great week and remember to enjoy the summer while you can! It's already mid-July and will be gone before we know it, so hit up the beach first chance you get, get outdoors and soak up the sun!

No comments: