Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Dirty 30: A Test

MTV's "My Sweet Sixteen" ain't got shit on this!

So, I am turning the "Dirty 30" next month, and that got me thinking about some things....

I have always been one that loves to get my party on at any possible moment, I try to have fun as much as possible all the time, so on and so forth. By the same token, I am turning 30 on August 3rd, and that's pretty nuts(especially since i act like 19).

Anyhow, I am going to take a little pre-30 test. It's kinda crazy, but i think it will be fun and it will also push my limits and test my toughness. So, i decided to see how long i can go completely SOBER.

Now, when i say sober, that doesn't only include the obvious being alcohol, that includes everything. No more anything, no smoking, no coffee, no nada.

I figure that it will be tough, but i love a good challenge. I am even considering doing the Master Cleanse at some point this summer, so that should be interesting!

SO, if any of you wanna join in this test, lemme know. Start counting how many days you can go without intoxicating your body with any stimulants, alcohol, etc. Hey, what's the worst that can happen, right?

Let the games begin......

======================================================






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck, Mikey! Staying off the caffeine is the hardest part. (Ask Cade about giving up Mountain Dew!) I guarantee you will feel SO good after detoxifying for a while, even if it's only for a week. Try to get in as MUCH sleep as possible along the way. You won't believe what a difference you'll feel. Kudos, love!!!

lagcisco said...

What an excellent goal!

I did a water fast/detox (about 6 days of nothing but water) a couple of months ago and there have been some really nice changes I've noticed from it, really helped control my urges/cravings.

Being sober at parties was a bit interesting..

I actually want to kill my alcohol intake too, I will for this weekend, will see how that goes.

Staying sober was really good way for me to take a step back and observe what my triggers are. I can't say I've defeated all of them but I am much more aware of what things cause me to do the things I do, very good learning experience about myself.

I wish you luck, hopefully I meet you sometime. I go out fairly often though I've not gone to a HAWT party before.

Anonymous said...

THE BEST YOU CAN DO IN RESPONSE TO OUR INCOMPREHENSIBLE & AT TIMES DANGERGOUS WORLD IS TO PRACTICE HOLDING EQUILIBRIUM INTERNALLY.

SOME PEOPLE WILL QUESTION YOUR JOURNEY OR CHOICE OF LIFE STYLE, SOME MIGHT EVEN GET FREAKED OUT BY YOUR NEW FOUND EFFORTS TO SOBRIETY.

TAKE WHATEVER WORKS FROM WHERE EVER YOU CAN FIND IT & KEEP ON MOVING TOWARD YOUR GOAL.

CONGRATS ON YOUR JOURNEY TO SELF DISCOVERY.

eyefourgot said...

P.S

ITS THE HISTORY OF MANKINDS SEARCH FOR REFINEMENT