Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Just Wanna Apologize...

So the Blue Crew lost Game 5 yesterday and was eliminated once again by those Phuggin Phillies. Sure, they fought long and hard, and many people gave them a hard time as most fans do when their teams are down (esp. in the playoffs).

Anyways, having grown up playing competitive sports all my life from age 5 through college, primarily year-round baseball, I have always been very superstitious when it comes to competition. Baseball is a nutty sport. Sometimes you have a great game with your socks pulled up high and you won't change that, until you go into a slump and pull your pants back down over your socks. Some players tap their bat on their cleats 4 times on each side before entering the batter's box, ala Nomar Garciaparra, for good luck. Some pray, or give a "big ups" to the almight G-O-D everytime they score. And the list of zany tactics goes on and on. There are no rules, you just kinda come up with your own style, what feels comfortable.

So, as a fan who loves the game (baseball, basketball mostly), many of these things have stuck with me. And for that reason I wanted to apologize to the Dodgers. I think it was my fault that Broxton blew game 4. My fault that Torre left Kershaw in one pitch too late in Game 1. My fault that Game 5 ended in disaster. I'm utterly responsible and so so sorry Blue Crew.

Why?

I accidentally washed my blue Andre Ethier jersey after we swept the Cardinals. I shoulda known.

In all seriousness, they had an amazing run and met up with a defending champion who got even stringer in the offseason, a very scary thing. Kinda reminds me of a team in the NBA.... =)

No comments: