Wednesday, October 8, 2008

San Francisco LOVEFEST 2008 : A Review

by Roque Santos, HAWT San Francisco

In the days leading up to the parade meteorologists predicted rain, and local clubbers held their breath in fear that the event would fill with showers. However, on October 4, 2008 San Francisco’s Civic Center Square was blessed by the Glow Stick God, who gifted us with a perfect day. The Parade, which started at 2nd and Mission and ended at the Civic Center, consisted of dozens of flatbed trucks housing mounds of sound, superstar DJ’s, and electronic music. Following the various floats were hipsters, guidos, clubbers, ravers, burners, hippies, naked gay guys, and the rest of San Francisco’s dedicated electronic music heads. In short, this event was a blast and was well worth the travels for our out-of-town visitors. There are a couple of things that stick out in my mind about this event, and some of these memories will haunt me for the rest of my life.



First off, this year’s “hipsters” really caught everyone’s attention, and it wasn’t their 1991 Jane Fonda-day-glow-work-out gear I’m talking about either. It was the superfluous amount of designer drugs coursing through their veins, which caused them to piss, vomit, and eventually pass out on the steps of the Mayor’s office. But lets face it, the only differences are that when I was their age I was wearing ridiculous clothes and doing designer drugs, but it was at night and I had to pay. I could talk more about the floats and getting drunk with friends, but pictures speak a thousand words.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving out the pictures of the "hipsters" pissing and vomiting! ha!

eddieb said...

Great blog Roque! I was bummed that I missed it this year, I had so much fun LAST year :)