Friday, June 20, 2008

BLAST FROM THE PAST

So i got a text last night from some random number, inviting me to a lil get together this Sunday. At first i was wondering the usual, "who in the world could this be????", until they followed with another one saying, "by the way, in case you forgot the address, here it is", and so on and so forth.

Although at first I had no idea who it could be, the address gave it away and clued me in. I remembered it was my very good buddy from high school, one of my best friends growing up. The kinda friend who I told things in deepest confidence, knowing that he would never tell a soul. He knew about my passion for music long before anyone ever did (i was a very shy kid). The kinda friend who would get in trouble, and get into a fight just because somebody messed with you (hey i went to an all boy school so it happened!). Even moreso, the kinda friend that comes over to your house, unannounced, walks right thru your door, and will hang out with your parents watching TV and shooting the shit, just because he's family like that. I'm sure you guys had hose friends right? Or maybe you were the one going to your bud's house. In other words, it was great to hear from him, and his message made me think about alot of things.

I hardly ever get to see my buddy anymore lately, mostly because we have our separate lives, schedules, passions. Regardless though, its the type of friendship where ages can go by, yet your bond is so tight that if you saw them again, it would be like you'd seen them yesterday. I liked that feeling I got when i saw that it was him, I missed hanging with him and cannot wait to catch up soon.

What does that tell me? Aside from the reminder that I'm almost 30 already, yet feel like I'm 20, i realized that i have other "family" in my life that i miss dearly. How many of us have friends we miss or have not seen in ages for these very same reasons? When was the last time you spoke to them even? Or parents, cousins, aunts and uncles, etc that we haven't talked to in awhile?

Well, I can almost guarantee that we all do. Maybe it isn't the same dynamic in your relationship as to mine, but regardless, try making that call sometime soon, or your own unannounced visit. Even if it's something you might dread, maybe because your Mom may drill you and ask you a million and one questions that you cannot stand, or your friend that you don't wanna call because it's been so long, do it anyways. Odds are that they will be pleasantly surprised, just as i was, and that they still LOVE you more than ever. Try it, you just might make their day and have some goodness coming back at you too. Showing love is maybe the most precious thing you have in this world, and guess what, it's FREE to use, there's unlimited minutes on it and you don't need to buy a "Love: for dummies" book.

I know, i'm cheesy like that, but i give all of you the money back guarantee on that ass that if you simply try to LOVE a little bit more in your life, and just put in that conscious effort, you will indeed get it BACK. It's contagious. Do it as a trial experiment, and you'll see that it works. Maybe you won't notice right away, but you will, and soon. And if you don't, then maybe your effort can be stronger. Try it!

Anything.,

Anyways, it's friday! Once again i'm about to go drive around in the Valley heat, but i'm kinda looking forward to it (i know it sounds gnarly). Not because of that heat but because its the weekend and i'm excited. Plus i am going to make some of those calls myself to some of those friends and family that i haven't spoken to in quite awhile.

My buddy already made my day, so hopefully i can keep that string going!

have a grrrrrrrreat day and weekend, and if you want something fun to do tonight, peep the lil flyer on my picture ;)

Oh yeah, on that note The Love Guru opens this weekend i think, it looks pretty funny!

..
LOVE!

m

1 comment:

Mercy said...

Loved It! .... Love U-2!!! M:)