Monday, December 1, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Thoughts

Hey everyone,

I hope you and yours all had a fantastic holiday weekend and that you got your Turkey fix!

Today is December 1st! Can you believe that? Holiday Season is in full swing, and the year is almost wrapping up! It's an exciting time for all of us, and for me personally, I love this time of year.

Besides the obvious reasons, being spending time with family and friends, eating good home cooking, etc, I love this time of year for other reasons.

1). New Year Ahead

For some reason, once December hits I start to plan out the next year, also looking back at the year that has passed, the good, the bad and the ugly, too. There's something so exciting about a new year to come, a fresh start, a new lease on life. We live in a wonderful world where no matter what you have done in the past, you can always reinvent yourself at anytime. You can begin a new career path, change your daily habits, start new ones. If you're down, you have a new year to get off on the right foot. For the most part, it all comes down to you, what you want, what you don't want, and what you want to accomplish.

2). Jackfrost

Jackfrost is a special event we do every December in which we celebrate the holidays in the name of giving back to our community. We transport you to a winter wonderland, a night of friends, music and art, something we look forward to every year. So, there is alot of work involved and it is a small price to pay for presenting such a special event. We hope that you and yours might share the magic with us again this December 20th. For more info check out our websites:

www.hawtmusic.com
www.myspace.com/thehawtmusic

3). Our Country, Our World

This particular December marks a far more exciting time than ever in the world. Sure, the economy is bad, we got wars we're in, and then some, but I for one am looking forward to the year, and many more ahead. Change is good, and it is coming. The most beautiful part about it is that it transcends any political party, any nation, etc., it is about shaping our future, and that truly does begin within ourselves. I am excited to start fresh in 2009, and I hope you feel the same way.

4). Get In Shape

I dunno why we tend to wait until January 1st to start eating better and getting exercise. I do it every year myself, but this year I'm getting a head start. Today I began a new program to shed extra pounds and eat better. I figure it is worth a shot, because I'll have a month's jump start on any other year to kickstart 2009 the right way =)

No comments: