Monday, November 10, 2008

Daily OM... and I don't mean OM Records

by Eddie Barajas, HAWT Los Angeles


We've all been there. Had those days, had those moments that just make you want to rip your hair out?


I've had those moments many times. What I find so funny is that on those days, I'll go on myspace and I'll find someone has posted the Daily OM entry. It's a website for the "Mind, Body, and Spirit". I don't typically read all the sections of the site, but find that the daily inspiration they offer really touch a nerve with what i got going on that day.

When life seems overwhelming, sometimes the best thing is to just stop, take a deeeep breath and center yourself.

Now go do some yoga... LOL. Just kidding, although I DO have to admit, I tried yoga a couple years ago, and loved it! I found it very therapeutic and really noticed that when in the middle of a yoga session, my mind REALLY is cleared of everything going on. That is something I never thought possible.

Anyway, the simple point of today's blog is to take the time to collect your thoughts and think of the bigger picture. As Ferris Beuller once said, "Life moves by pretty fast; if you don't stop to look around, you could miss it."



1 comment:

LAUREN said...

I love Daily OM! I get them emailed to me...sometimes I read, sometimes not but I do find them to be very helpful..things we already may know but need to be reminded of.

stop, take a deep breath..it'll work itself out :)