Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mumblin & Jumblin, Ramblin & Scramblin

by Mikey Velazquez, HAWT Los Angeles

I was reading a book this morning and came across this quote, and it kinda hit home for me....

"A consistent man believes in DESTINY, a capricious man in CHANCE" -Benjamin Disraeli

I have always been a believer in destiny. I feel that we are all destined to do great things, and are all put here for a reason. Yet more often than not, we don't realize that we have much more control over our own actions, what we do and how we feel, much more than we know. That sense of control is something that I personally am always working on.



The weather here in Los Angeles has been crazy. Two weeks ago, I got the flu bug and it had alot to do with the weather hitting low 40's at nights where I live, and around 60 during the days. Out of nowhere, last weekend we were in the 80's! It was great, no doubt, since we had out BBQ on the rooftop @ Catalyst in downtown LA, but at the same time, WTF is going on???? It's mid January! I don't remember in my lifetime ever having such heat in January. But of course, there is no such thing as global warming, right? =P


OBAMA is officially our President of the United States. God Bless America. It's been a loooong time coming, and now I hope, I pray, and I send him as much positive energy as possible because he's got a pretty tough challenge ahead of him. I wish him the best, but I have no doubt he will do a great job at the helm.


The Dodgers still haven't signed Manny Ramirez. I dunno what's gonna happen with that, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they do sign him, hopefully to a 2 or 3 year contract and no more. He was such a spark for us last year, and I think the fans would lose their minds if he left us. Ned Coletti, figure it out!


This year I have set some pretty challenging goals. In my personal life, family, work, with HAWT, emotional and physical. It's a bit overwhelming at times, but I'm happy to be in this position and striving for new heights. The goals give you a guideline to keep you on track, and I look forward to a fun year ahead.

No comments: